October 12th, 2019
E-Board Members in Attendance:
Ken Koschik (President), Cathy Watkins (Vice President), Marilyn Oliver (Treasurer), Stephen Parsons (Secretary), Chris Dolciato, Kathy Smith, Brian Geiger, George Payamgis.
Guests: Chris Rietlimiller, Rick Nagin.
The meeting begins at 9:40 AM.
A motion is made to accept the minutes from September 28, 2019. The motion passes.
- September 2019:
- Total Income: $37,034.44
- Total Expenses: -$7,531.34
- Net Income: $29,503.10
A motion is passed to accept the Treasurer’s Report. The motion passes.
- Rick Nagin passed out some flyers and discussed supporting the “Pro” Act for worker power.
- Expanding power to organize workers.
- Protect strikes and other protest activity.
- Making it easier to bargain.
- Also enrollment for the AFL CIO Free College Scholarship. Information on enrollment can be found at ohioaflcio.com/freecollege
WOIO: Victor Williams-MMJ
Correspondences and Thank You:
- Thank you cards from the family of Carol Sue Murphy.
- Thank you card from Julia Tullos after passing of her father.
- Thank you card from the Hospice of Western Reserve and Heather Flowers following the passing of her father.
- Membership will be voting on new contract on October 15th.
- Waiting for transition to Nexstar Media Group.
- Management met with photographers to discuss benefits and rights.
- Transitioning to a new brand of “3 News”.
- Mission BBQ has been selected for lunch for the general meeting on November 2nt.
- A motion was made to give $25 gift cards for the holiday season to all members in good standing. The motion passes.
The meeting adjourned at 11:18 AM.
I affirm that the descriptions in these minutes are a true representation of the E-Board Meeting on 10-12-2019.