June 29th, 2019
E-Board Members in Attendance:
Ken Koscick (President), Cathy Watkins (Vice President), Marilyn Oliver (Treasurer), Bill Alford (Secretary), Stephen Parsons, Chris Dolciato, Terry Mullally, Kathy Smith.
Guests: Chuck DeGross, Ed Verba.
Stephen Parsons sworn in as new Secretary, this is a 3-year term.
Cathy Watkins sworn in as new Vice President, this is a 3-year term.
A motion is made by Terry Mullally to accept the minutes from 05/18/19, it is seconded by Chris Dolciato. The motion passes.
- Income: $21,749.94
- Expenses: $10,146,69
- NET Income: $11,603.25
Treasurer Report was accepted, motioned by Kathy, seconded by Chris Dolciato. The motion passes.
None to report.
WOIO: MMJ Alan Cohn was promoted to Reporter, a non-union position.
Correspondences and Thank You:
Ken attended Jobs for Justice. Nabet 42 was mentioned in the program and thanked for sponsor and support.
There will no longer be a parade for the AFL-CIO.
- Gray TV and WOIO will start their negotiations for a new contract the week of September 10th.
- A grievance will be filed due to management refusing to pay directors pay to Chris Dolciato.
- Management is saying it is airing only on digital and not the “signal”.
- Eric Seggi has recommended to move forward with a grievance, because they have paid him for directing digital shows in the past.
- Contracts have been handed out to members.
- Supervisor pay will be eliminated, pay outs have been given to those who will lose pay for remainder of 2019.
- Pay outs will only be this year not beyond 2019.
- Still no contract, frustrations continuing with lack of effort from company.
- Rumors are developing about FOX buying WJW.
- News set will get upgraded, time table is about 2 months.
- A motion is made to make a donation in the name of Freddy Saburro to the NABET scholarship fund. Freddy was active in NABET and worked with and was a close friend of Bill Wachenschwanz.
- Stephen Parsons has gained enough signatures to become NABET 42 Secretary. If no other petitions or challenges are submitted, Stephen will be sworn in at the next meeting in June.
- Discussing speakers and food for the General Meeting in the fall.
- Motion made to invest in new server, hard drive, and 6 chrome books for union related business.
- Budget has been approved for $2,500.
- This will be carried out by Bill Alford, he will do the research and get the best deal.
- Motion made by Chris Dolciato, seconded by Terry Mullally.
- Ken Koscick will represent Local 42 at the National Convention in late July, he has received his credentials.
- General Membership Meeting set for October 12th at 11 AM.
- Budget approved for $1,000 for food.
- Final discussions for food and guest speaker(s) will be decided through E-Board group email in August.
No meeting for July and August, the next meeting has been set for September 21st at 9:30 AM.
This meeting adjourned at 11:39 AM.
I affirm, that the descriptions in these minutes are a true representation of the
E-Board Meeting on 6-29-2019